6 Sisters, all with names beginning with the letter C, and our amazing Mother...showing off our projects, newly found skills, knowledge and achievements. We're just trying to keep in touch- using technology to span the distance of hundreds of miles that separate us. Sisters C- we're best friends and each other's biggest fans and support.

Monday, September 9, 2013

Hexagon Ombre Quilt

It's FINALLY finished!  I've been working on this little beauty (well, actually, it's a large twin size-so not so little) since last summer (in the design/planning stage and actually cutting/sewing since April).  The quilting was a beast since I don't have a quilting machine (think small arm shape to shove a large quilt through) and for most of the actual quilting, I had a small table to work on.  It was worth it though!  Tomorrow, this little beauty is headed to Idaho to keep a new freshman warm and cozy during the long winter months (at least until the first of the year when she's home again and babysitting for me during the day).

I did have a lot of fun working on this project.  I'm really pleased with the hex shapes, especially the quilting design on the back.  I used another much smaller hex quilt as the launching point for the design, but this is all my creation.

I was a little worried about the ombre effect as I was deciding how to lay it out, but I love the way it flows (the colors in the photos don't do it justice).  The same theme is carried onto the back with ombre/solid-patterened-solid there as well.


A HUGE thanks to Mom and Cassy who helped me finish it up last night with the hand stitching of the binding; and to Callie who washed ALL my dishes from family dinner!  THANK YOU!!!

Our favorite babysitter was energetically excited and in awe about her surprise gift when I dropped it off at her house today.  I hope she has an awesome time at school this semester!




And, of course, I had a little helper most of the time...he's always right in the thick of whatever is going on...even if it's sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment