6 Sisters, all with names beginning with the letter C, and our amazing Mother...showing off our projects, newly found skills, knowledge and achievements. We're just trying to keep in touch- using technology to span the distance of hundreds of miles that separate us. Sisters C- we're best friends and each other's biggest fans and support.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

"Family Tree"

For Christmas this past year, I had this crazy idea to make Mom a "Family Tree".

I used the basic idea from UCREATE and their "Thankful Tree" as my launching point and this is what I came up with...



I really liked the tree UCREATE used, but I wanted to customize this to fit in a particular art niche in Mom's house, and that meant I needed tall and narrow instead of wide...so the type of tree they used just wouldn't have worked very well.  I decided to make a patchwork tree instead, to add some interest and texture (and because Mom likes to quilt).  I created a pattern, traced all my pieces and then assembled everything, basically according to the tutorial from UCREATE.  I used baby clothes pins to attach the photos, so they can be changed out or rearranged as desired.  Thanks to everyone who helped me with photos...including "stealing" them from Mom's computer when she wasn't home!

it kind of looks like a huge ice cream cone!

No comments:

Post a Comment